- Striking red: market launch of Xirallic? NXT Cougar Red and first impressions of Meoxal? Victoria Red
- Non-ionic fluorosurfactant for the perfect coating: Tivida? FL 3000
- Iriotec? 7340: conductivity for even lighter-colored paints, coatings, and primers
- Ideas for the car of tomorrow: the Global Mobility Color Inspirations tool and the Merck [KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany] Innovative Concept Car
Darmstadt, Germany, March 22, 2017 – Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, a leading science and technology company, will present novel products and innovative concepts for the paint and coatings industry at the European Coatings Show 2017. From April 4 to 6, industry experts can look forward to many samples and demo tools at our impressively designed exhibition stand in Nuremberg, Germany. Multimedia displays will also be used to show the potential and possibilities of the innovations from Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Underscoring the “Bold & Vibrant” theme, a Rolls-Royce and a Harley-Davidson featuring our premium effect pigments are certain to attract attention.
The fascination with red is unwavering: Two new pigments from Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, make innovative red effects possible – Xirallic? NXT Cougar Red and Meoxal? Victoria Red.?Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, will launch Xirallic? NXT Cougar Red at the European Coatings Show. It is the fourth product in the Xirallic? NXT series, modeled on the beauty and fascination of big cats. It creates a spectacularly neutral to bluish red and lively sparkle – following the metallic shimmer of Panthera Silver, the interplay between color and extraordinary sparkle of Leonis Gold, and the special intensity and brilliance of Tigris Blue. Used alone or in combination with other pigments, the red crystalline pigments of Xirallic? NXT Cougar Red give coatings a mysterious magic with an intense sparkle in a broad spectrum of possible shades. They impart even more depth to black automotive coatings.
The European Coatings Show will provide a first look at Meoxal? Victoria Red, which will be available in late 2017. It is the fourth effect pigment in the Meoxal? series, featuring excellent color intensity and extraordinary brilliance while evoking the world’s deserts. Meoxal? Victoria Red is inspired by the color strength and intensity of Australia’s Great Victoria Desert. The simultaneously color-intense and vibrant effect pigment enables stylings both in pure red and in bluish nuances.
For simply brilliant surfaces
Tivida? fluorosurfactants make perfect, flawless, and scratch-free coatings possible. Its special branched molecular design enables maximum performance at minimum application concentrations without the environmental issues associated with conventional fluorosurfactant chemicals. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, will present Tivida? FL 3000 at the European Coatings Show. It is the first non-ionic fluorosurfactant from the Tivida? series and is excellently suited for aqueous and non-aqueous coating formulations. Thanks to its high chemical stability, it also works very well in applications with either acidic or alkaline pH values.
Pigments from the Iriotec? 7000 series dissipate electrostatic charge where it develops: on the surface of printed packaging and painted or coated surfaces. The new product Iriotec? 7340 has an even lighter-colored mass tone – with the proven conductivity of the Iriotec? 7000 range, it is particularly suited for light-colored or colored coatings and floor coatings as well as for conductive primers for electrostatic application (ESTA).
Writing and designing with light
The functional pigments from the Iriotec? 8000 series convert laser light to durable, wear-resistant markings that remain in the material. So far, this series has made a name for itself above all for indestructible markings in all types and colors of plastic. Now there’s Iriotec? 8850: This innovative pigment reacts so quickly and sensitively to laser light that only a very thin layer is sufficient for a permanent marking. Light and colored powder-coated surfaces can now be labeled with razor-sharp expiration dates, bar codes, or trademarks.
And much more – the pigment’s fast reaction time uses a process developed by LPKF Laser & Electronics AG for an extremely innovative purpose: With laser light and this pigment, a large number of light-colored plastics and powder coatings can be metallized as the basis for the development of 3D circuit carriers. These circuit boards are applied directly to the component, creating totally new design possibilities for designers and product developers.
Inspiring concepts and application examples
Visitors to the European Coatings Show will easily see what the innovative products and pigments from Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, are suited for and what they actually look like. That’s because our trend researchers have developed the Global Mobility Color Inspirations (GMCI) tool. They have pooled their individual experiences, observations, and analyses from around the world about how people live and what they like. From this they have derived color, material, and social trends for the future and interpreted them with ideas for innovative paints for car bodies. The tool describes five trends in-depth: 1001 Nations, Crossroads, Park, House of Truth, and Data Bridge.
These trends will also be visible in our innovative concept car (“the car of tomorrow”). Visitors will be able to view this type of car “live” in virtual reality with smartglasses. The car meets future automotive trends, requirements, and usage patterns with materials from Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. These materials include colors for car body paints that virtual users can create themselves using novel effect pigments, as well as autonomous driving, online communication, adaptive headlights, various design options for interiors and exteriors, and innovatively shaped displays.
Last but not least, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, will illustrate the innovative power of its products through the materials used in its own exhibition stand. The floor will shimmer with a striking-muted effect provided by Miraval? Cosmic Silver. Fa?ade panels will show the possibility of effect pigments with coil coatings and powder coatings, for example with Xirallic? NXT Leonis Gold. Liquid crystal window modules will create privacy by partitioning the meeting nooks. An eye-catching Rolls-Royce in a fascinating red will be one of the main attractions of the stand itself, while a Harley-Davidson featuring premium pearlescent pigments at the hall’s east entrance will invite visitors to stop by our stand.
Visitors to the European Coatings Show 2017 in Nuremberg from April 4 to 6 will find Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, in Hall 1 at Stand 1-614.
In addition, visitors interested in learning more can attend the following presentations held by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany:
- Organic and inorganic polysilazanes – a novel class of high-performance coating binders // Dr. Ivo Zenz, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany// April 3, 2017 // 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. (European Coatings Congress 2017, Session 12.6)
- Meoxal – Luminous Metal Effect Pigments // Thomas Rentschler, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany // April 4, 2017 // 10:50 to 11:10 a.m. (Hall 1, Stand 1-131)
- Simply brilliant – our highly effective range of Tivida FL Fluorosurfactants combines unique performance with eco-friendliness // Dr. Ivo Zenz, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany // April 4, 2017 // 11:30 to 11:50 a.m. (Hall 1, Stand 1-131)
- Meoxal – Luminous Metal Effect Pigments // Elisabeth H?ner, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany // April 5, 2017 // 10:10 to 10:30 a.m. (Hall 1, Stand 1-131)
- Simply brilliant – our highly effective range of Tivida FL Fluorosurfactants combines unique performance with eco-friendliness // Jürgen Bergheuer, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany // April 5, 2017 // 1:30 to 1:50 p.m. (Hall 1, Stand 1-131)
- Simply brilliant – our highly effective range of Tivida FL Fluorosurfactants combines unique performance with eco-friendliness // Jürgen Bergheuer, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany // April 6, 2017 // 10:30 to 10:50 a.m. (Hall 1, Stand 1-131)
- Meoxal – Luminous Metal Effect Pigments // Tanja Knoll, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany // April 6, 2017 // 1:30 to 1:50 p.m. (Hall 1, Stand 1-131)
On Thursday, April 6 at 10 a.m., interested members of the trade press can take part in a guided tour of our?our stand 1-614 to learn more about our new products and innovative concepts.